Hoops For Friends, Inc. is a Southern California-based, non-profit group that organizes the annual Las Vegas Invitational basketball tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada. The tournament started in 1993 and has grown to over 200 teams. At this year's tournament, we anticipate over 2,000 participants and spectators from California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Hawaii.
Hoops For Friends donates the proceeds of the tournament to several charitable organizations and high school scholarships. In addition, Hoops For Friends is providing funds to help sponsor Academic Achievement Awards as well as basketball programs within the Clark County School District of Nevada.
Some of the other recipients of our donations include:
- American Cancer Society
- Alzheimer's Association
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Society
- Asian American Drug Abuse Program
- American Heart Association
- Community Youth Council
- Gardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
- Japanese Institute of Sawtelle
- Little Tokyo Services Center
- Revlon Run/Walk For Women
- Sansei Baseball
- Yonsei Basketball Association
Hoops For Friends, Inc. - Federal Tax #95-4614623